I have been seeing lots of questions regarding monitoring for ActiveMQ. Below are available options for Monitoring ActiveMQ and problem with them.
- JBoss operational network
- Pros: Redhat support and email alerts on particular condition or threshold breach
- Cons: Not freeware and works only with Redhat AMQ version
- An upstream project for JBoss Operational network
- Pros: Free and supports email alerting
- Cons: very poorly documented and AMQ plugings are not avaialble. You will have to write AMQ plugin for RHQ
- Pros: Free and easy monitoring tool
- Cons: No email alert support
So to tackle above problem I have written small script which will allow you to set alerts for various conditions and parameters value for AMQ.
The script takes advantage of jolokia agent which is by default bundled with activemq. Jolokia agent allows us to get MBeans and Values using HTTP request.
The script is available here on github .
- Email alerts supported
- No need to contineously monitoring like jconsole or jvisualvm
- Super simple python script
- Very flexible alert configuration
- Not tested for other version of ActiveMQ except 5.13.2
- Needs to be scheduled to periodically run using cron or other way
Run this file in periodic intervals for operational monitoringRead More »